In this video, Shaykh Dr. Yasir Qadhi covers the Hajj of Abu Bakr As-Siddiq, who was joined by Ali Ibn Abu Talib, in the 9th year of Hijrah. This was the only Hajj performed by both Muslims and Pagans side by side.
Shaykh Yasir also clarifies common misunderstandings of the famous “Verse of Sword” (Surat At-Tawbah, Verse 5) and provides the correct explanation of these verses in proper context and theme.
1) Pagans (Idol worshippers) were given 4 months to travel freely and leave if they desired, or accept Islam
2) Verse 6 says if Pagans seek Muslim protection, it must be given, Islam should be explained to them and they must be taken to a safe place
3) Not one person was killed/executed as a result of these verses
4) Meant to threaten Pagans (ie, stay where you are and accept Islam or leave)
5) This message was only for Pagans (Idol worshippers) and not Jews and Christians
Also discussed in this video are:
– Issue of Ali being sent with the verses to Makkah as evidence against Abu Bakr being the first Khalifa (by Shi’a groups)
– Ban on performing Tawaf while nude
– Why there is no Basmala (Bismillah) on Surat At-Tawbah
– Explanations of the 4 major announcements made to the Pagans
– Khalid Ibn Waleed’s journey to Najran and their acceptance of Islam
– Present day population of the Ismaili group in Najran
Watch the entire series here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAEA99D24CA2F9A8F
Study the biography of the single greatest human being that ever walked the surface of this earth, whom Allah sent as a Mercy to Mankind.
This lecture was recorded on 10th December 2014.